Aug 25, 2008

The Olympics Are Over

The Olympics are over, but I've still got the fever. Yep, I'm catching up on all the events that are important to me on the Internet. NBC, in the US, did a nice thing and posted video from most of the events uncut and without commentary. It is soooo nice to watch gymnastics and diving without hearing the useless babble from the commentators. Anyhow, this is a relief because staying up past 1AM to watch the coverage was wearing me out!

Anyhow, ..., on a sorta unfortunate, but maybe fortunate note, I'm out of a job. I have the economy and cutbacks to thank. But this is the life of an engineer. The jobs ebb and flow. Anyhow, I hate interviewing. The nice thing is that this is giving me the opportunity to find a job and a work environment that will be better for me, because, to be honest, I wasn't thrilled in the job I had and I had started working for other groups in the company to relieve my boredom and to feel useful to somebody within the company. It will also be nice to finally get a new set of managers. I was under the same set of managers for nearly 9-yrs. That's an awfully long time and, to be honest, that kind of stagnation is career limiting. So wish me luck because I'm going to need it in this job market.

New stuff -- well, in the US Hino Matsuri's "Wanted" came out. It's an excellent three chapter series that first ran in LaLa DX -- go out and get it! Also released were "Skipped Beat" 14, "VB Rose" 3, "Wild Ones" 4, and "Special A" 6. LaLa 2008 volume 10 should be arriving at my door tomorrow, which means my jobless self can start translating "Kisu yori mo Hayaku" right away! (Okay, not right away -- after my morning job search ... I found 20 potential jobs today, so I'll be very busy preparing resumes and cover letters for the next few days ;p). I've also been slowly going through the most recent chapter of "Ouran Host Club". Although it was "translated" by a scanlation group, I didn't feel they captured the deeper essence of what happened. In general they got it right, and, I really shouldn't complain because Ouran is a difficult read. Regardless, I'm reading it for myself. Tamaki is having so real personal struggles. It's very sweet. Hikaru is being devil for Tamaki's sake, which is also very sweet.

Well, I'm back.