May 10, 2010

Some Thoughts on a New Series to Translate and Recruitment

http://deliporo.wordpress.com/I've been looking through my stacks of magazines and so far here's what caught my eye:

  • "Jiu Jiu" -- Chp 1 is already out, but there hasn't been an update in 3-months.  The first chapter didn't impress me that much (the dialog is very flat and lifeless), but the later chapters look interesting.  I will check back into this series to see if the groups that did the first chapter are, indeed, continuing it.  If some of you have time, please read the first chapter (Link) and let me know what you think.
  • "The Princess and the Three Wild Beasts" -- This series has super long chapters!  The first chapter is 80-pages and chapter 2 is 70-pages.   Another blogger started writing a summary of the first chapter.  Here's a link to the summary. I'm not sold on it yet and I think there could be better series out there.  Let me know what you think. 
  • "The Shadow Butler's Mistakes" -- This series looks like lots of old fashion fun and easy to digest.  I will do a first chapter trial of this series too in either June or July. I took a deeper look and it's the typical super butler/ojou thing.  I think we can do without another one of those series.
  • "Seirei Produce" ("Spirit Produce") -- It's a new series running in Asuka magazine.  I will do a first chapter trial in June or July.  The female lead character looks quite spunky ;p.
After translating the first few pages of the "Love Sick" chapter 2, I've decided to leave it on the back burner.  There are many more interesting series out there than this.

Recruitment for "Gliding Reki"
"Gliding Reki" is a short series from the same mangaka who writes the "Legend of Zelda" manga.  It's only 2-volumes long.  I will do the translation, but to complete the project, we need a typesetter and another person to do cleaning and image editing.  I'm also open to having someone other that me do the English adaptation from the translation.  This recruitment is only for this project.  We are also open to collaborating with another group for this project.  If you are interested, please send me an e-mail.  I am currently sourcing the raw and I expect to start this project in June.  We cannot find a good source for this series.

I will continue to look into new series.  Please continue to comment with your suggestions.