Oct 21, 2011

Fushigi no Maria-kun Chp 3

Tonight was anime night and I was wasn't sure whether I was going to be able to post this tonight at all, so I did a quick post earlier.  Now I have time to write a full post.

This is the third chapter for "Fushigi no Maria-kun" and this time we get to see matters from Maria's perspective.  My gosh is Maria sweet and huggable!  I liked translating this chapter a lot.  Maria's inner monologues are beautifully written in Japanese.  I hope I was able to translate some of that beauty into English.  Shiina Dai never ceases to amaze me with her simple but poignant dialog.

And now, here's the link:
(PDF)

More Thoughts About this Chapter
What ran through my mind while reading this chapter is how much Maria's worries seem like the same hand wringing and internal conflict that goes along with being in an interracial couple.  Depending on the make up of the couple there are various social stigmas and dealing with parents and family that can drive a person nuts.  Knowing from personal experience, it takes a lot of love to push through.  Things are much better now for certain types of interracial couples, but I will be honest and say that first visit to the parents is always the hardest.  This leaves me to wonder about whether the story is going to deal Tokuko's father and Maria.  It seems that the chanting was specially made to ward the poor boy off. Hahaha!  I guess I should sneak a peek ;p.

What's Next!
We're well on our way to completing our big special Halloween one-shot "In the Mirror Death" by Fujiwara Hiro, the same mangaka who draws/writes "Kaichou wa Maid-Sama".  Before then, I hope to at least release Rex Fabula chapter 3 on Bakeneko's Lair.  It looks like the rest of what we have planned will get bumped into November so we can bring you the next chapters of "Yukarism" and "Magnolia" as soon as possible.

Reminder:  Follow our releases on Twitter @OmarissisterRel