Feb 13, 2012

February at Omari's Sister -- Going into a Transition Period

As some of you may know, I am finally leaving the ranks of the unemployed and will be working full-time once again as an engineer at the end of the month.  I'm sorry, but I won't reveal where I'll be working, but I'll say it's such an appropriate job that it's kinda scary.  I'm very much looking forward to getting started, and I have no doubt that what I do at my new job will touch a great many of you.


Because of my job, I will not be able to dedicate as much time to Omari's Sister as I have in the past.  This means that I will have to rely more on the group to do translation and typesetting.  This is hard for me to give up, but in order for the group to continue at nearly the release pace, it's something I will have to do.  This means for a few months will we have a diminished release schedule until we figure out how best to distribute the work.  This also means that we will not be able to get series out days after they release in Japan.  If you have some skills that you think the group could use, please don't hesitate to contact me.  We will need all the help we can get moving forward. We will also not be dropping any series, though, some may go on hiatus with the intention of resuming them once another series has ended.

Moving onto February, "Detarame Mousouryoku Opera" took a week longer to complete than I thought it would, so the February plans are already wrecked.  In addition, I've had a lot to do to a lot of errands in preparation for taking the job at the end of the month.  I'm working on a new schedule for the rest of February through April.

Anyhow...here's what I know we can release this month:

  • "Kirara to Shiro Ookami" by Akane Ogura
  • "Kaito Magu no Ichibushijuu" by Nari Kusakawa
  • "Sekai no Hate no Sougen" by Keiko Ishihara
  • "Akagami no Shirayukihime" Chp 31 + February 2012 Omake
We'll get back to the series starting in March.