Mar 3, 2012

Kuroneko003's English License Wishlist

Have you noticed the serious lack of manga licensing in the US over the past year or so?  It seems like the only titles that have been recently getting licensed are BL, moe, or ancient titles that have already had their runs 10 or 20 years ago.  None of the recently licensed titles, with the exception of "Dawn of Arcana" and "The Earl and Fairy" from Viz's Shojo Beat, line have interested me.  This is pretty sad considering that I have money to spend.  I have no idea what's going on, but it feels like the Japanese publishers are withholding content.  This is a weird way to do business, but it's their business and their choice to leave money on the table. A girl can dream though.  So here's the beginning my US English license wishlist (not including OS titles, because of course I want those licensed):
  • Shitsuji-sama no Okiniiri  (The Fave of Mr. Butler) by Rei Izawa
  • "Hana no Kishi" ("Knight of Flower") by Mai Nishikata
  • "The Midnight Secretary" by Tomu Ohmi
  • "Yanki-kun to Megane-chan" by Miki Yoshi-kawa
  • "Kyou Kara Maoh!" by Tomo Takabayashi and Temari Matsumoto
  • "Migawari Hakushaku no Bouken" by Mimori Seike and Isuzu Shibata
  • "Baroque Knights" by Maki Fujita
  • "Tou Long Merry Rose" by Ritsu Miyako
  • "Corset ni Tsubasa" by Naoko Moto
Some of these I've read and others, I've only flipped through.  These are just the ones off the top of my head.  I'll be working on an ongoing list that I may add a as permanent page on this blog.  What are some of the series that you would like to see licensed in your country?  Please share :)
----------------
Links to other Wishlists: